Personal Care Assistant
Do you want to join a friendly and welcoming team?
Newcross Healthcare are recruiting for Personal Care Assistants to join our team in delivering expert care and support to service users living with additional care needs in their own homes in Woking, Camberley, Walton-on-Thames, Chertsey, Weybridge and the surrounding local areas.
Your Local Team
Our branch is based at 62-63 South Street, just a short distance from both Chichester Cathedral and Chichester train station.
As a Personal Care Assistant, your responsibilities will include; person centred care, helping with social activities, aiding with clinical needs and assisting with any other additional services that will enable the service user to live their lives as independently as possible.
Compassion and empathy are some of the traits that are required to succeed in this demanding, but extremely rewarding profession.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a similar care environment within the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a smartphone or device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas, timesheets and payslips via our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not essential
Perks you will receive
- Salary of up to £13.62/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support of a local line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Your Newcross Development
Newcross will help in your career progression, offering our healthcare staff over 200 training programmes to ensure you always have the opportunities to develop in your role, learn new skills and progress even further in your healthcare career.
Flexi Pay - same day pay
You will also be able to benefit from our Flexi Pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid.
Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day - even on weekends and bank holidays.
Begin your journey with Newcross Healthcare today!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.