Personal Care Assistant - Young Adults
We are looking for an individual with a true passion for person-centred care
Newcross Healthcare are looking for dedicated Personal Care Assistants to join us in delivering outstanding care and support to young adults living with additional healthcare needs in their own homes across Portsmouth, Fareham, Gosport, Waterlooville, Hayling Island, Havant and the surrounding locations.
As a Personal Care Assistant, your responsibilities will include; person centred care, helping with social activities, aiding with clinical needs and assisting with any other additional services that will enable the service user to live their lives as independently as possible.
Compassion and empathy are some of the traits that are required to succeed in this demanding, but extremely rewarding profession.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a Care Assistant position, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Newcross Key Features
Newcross will help in your career progression, offering our healthcare staff over 200 training programmes to ensure you always have the opportunities to develop in your role, learn new skills and progress even further in your healthcare career.
You will also be able to benefit from our Flexi Pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day - even on weekends and bank holidays.
We require you to have:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a similar care environment
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment within the past 3 years
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a smartphone or device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas, timesheets and payslips via our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not essential
Perks you will receive:
- Salary of up to £15.09/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- A permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you with a minimum of 20 hours of work per week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Our Chichester Branch
Our friendly team are located at 62-63 South Street, close to Chichester Cathedral and also Chichester train station.
Join us today!
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way