Personal Care Assistant - Young Adults
Newcross Healthcare is looking to expand our team of healthcare professionals
Newcross Healthcare are currently recruiting for experienced Personal Care Assistants to provide expert care and support to young adults living with additional healthcare needs in their own homes across Portsmouth, Fareham, Gosport, Waterlooville, Hayling Island, Havant and the surrounding areas.
Meet the Team
Your local branch is based at 62-63 South Street, just a short distance from both Chichester Cathedral and Chichester train station.
Your New Role
Our Personal Care Assistants ensure that our service users receive constant high quality care support in line with their personal care plans.
Tasks will include personal care, clinical needs, feeding and peg care, medication support and any additional services needed.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a Care Assistant position, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Why join Newcross?
Working for Newcross Healthcare provides you with organised rotas up to 4 weeks in advance, various specialised training programmes to develop your skills, plus we can interview you from the comfort of your own home at your convenience via video conferencing.
You will also be able to access our app HealthForceGo, where you can choose when you want to be paid through our new feature Flexi Pay.
Working with Newcross will also give you access to a range of free training programmes earned through credits as you work. All of our Clinical Courses are developed by our Clinical Governance Team and cover topics such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Epilepsy, PEG, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
Additional opportunities are available to study towards National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) in various levels and subjects.
Additional Perks you will receive:
- Salary of up to £15.09/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- A permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you with a minimum of 20 hours of work per week
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a similar care environment
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment within the past 3 years
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a smartphone/device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets via our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
Begin your journey with Newcross Healthcare today!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.