Personal Support Worker - Young Adults
Newcross Healthcare is looking to expand our team of healthcare professionals
Our team are based at 62-63 South Street, close to Chichester Cathedral and also Chichester train station
Newcross Healthcare is looking to recruit Personal Support Workers to join us in delivering outstanding care and support to young people living with challenging behaviours in their own homes within central Portsmouth.
At Newcross Healthcare we value all of our employees and strive on providing clear career progression through a variety of over 200 training programmes, ensuring that our team always have the opportunity to evolve in their role and learn new skills.
We also provide permanent flexible contracts, guaranteeing you with a minimum of 20 hours of work every week, as well as organised rotas up to 4 weeks in advance!
Your New Role
As a Personal Support Worker, you will be responsible for:
- Encouraging and maintaining independent living through person-centred care
- Supporting the development of daily living activities and tasks
- Helping with the development of new skills
- Building strong relationships with service users, family members and encourage new friendships
- Any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
What you will need to succeed
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a smartphone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets via our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not essential
- Salary of up to £15.09/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Interview via video call - you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
Furthermore, we've launched our exciting new flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', which enables our healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative app HealthForceGo
Begin your journey with Newcross Healthcare today!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.