Personal Support Worker - Young Adults
As a caregiver, you have the power to change someone's life
Newcross Healthcare is currently hiring dedicated Personal Support Workers to provide expert care and support to young people living with challenging behaviours in their own homes within central Portsmouth.
What to expect in your new role
As a Personal Support Worker, your responsibilities will include; assisting with person-centred daily tasks, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any further services that will enable dignified and independent living.
Newcross relies on the commitment and dedication of our employees to make a difference in the lives of those we care for. We take pride in the quality of our care, so we're looking for experienced support workers with a genuine, caring approach as well as the skills to deliver person-centred care.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a support role, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
What makes Newcross different?
- Set organised rotas up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free training programmes - Newcross Healthcare deliver between 150 and 200 courses to over 1,000 Nurses and Healthcare Assistants to develop their current skill set, earned through credits as you work.
- Minimum hours guarantee as part of our permanent contracts
- Flexible pay - Our new HealthForceGo app feature, Flexi Pay will allow you to receive an advance of up to 50% of money earned during completed shifts. (includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £15.09/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smartphone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets via our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
Join our branch today! We are located at 62-63 South Street, close to Chichester Cathedral
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.