Personal Support Worker
Do you want to join a friendly and welcoming team?
Our team are based at 62-63 South Street, close to Chichester Cathedral and also Chichester train station
Newcross Healthcare are recruiting for dedicated Personal Support Workers to join us in delivering outstanding care to our service users living with additional care needs in their homes across Portsmouth, Waterlooville, Hayling Island and the surrounding locations.
Why join us?
Newcross Healthcare provides our valued staff with permanent flexible contracts, guaranteeing you with a minimum of 20 hours of work every week, as well as organised rotas up to 4 weeks in advance.
We will also help in your career progression, offering over 200 training programmes to ensure that you always have the opportunity to evolve in your role, learn new skills and progress even further.
Furthermore, we've launched our exciting new flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', which enables our healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative app HealthForceGo.
Your New Role
As a Support Worker your responsibilities will include; assisting with person-centred daily tasks, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any further services that will enable dignified and independent living.
Newcross relies on the commitment and dedication of our employees to make a difference in the lives of the individuals we care for. We take pride in the quality of our care, so we're looking for experienced support workers with a genuine, caring approach as well as the skills to deliver person-centred care.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a support role, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross
- You will need access to a smartphone or device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
- Salary of up to £15.09/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work - access 30,000 discounts from high street stores
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Apply now to find out more!
Our applicants now have access to video interviewing, so rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.