Personal Support Worker
Providing care and support around Chichester
Newcross Healthcare are currently seeking experienced Personal Support Workers to provide professional support to our service users living with additional care needs in their homes in Portsmouth, Waterlooville, Hayling Island and the surroundings.
As a Personal Support Worker, you will be responsible for:
- Encouraging and maintaining independent living through person-centred care
- Supporting the development of daily living activities and tasks
- Helping with the development of new skills
- Building strong relationships with service users, family members and encourage new friendships
- Any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Advantages to working at Newcross
- Salary of up to £15.09/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Interview via video call - you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview
- Perks at Work - access 30,000 discounts from high street stores
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Additional Perks at Newcross
Newcross Healthcare will help in your career progression, offering our healthcare staff over 200 training programmes to ensure you always have the opportunities to develop in your role, learn new skills and progress even further in your healthcare career.
You will also be able to benefit from our Flexi Pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day - even on weekends and bank holidays.
You will need to have:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smart phone/device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not essential
Your local branch is located at 62-63 South Street, just a short distance from both Chichester Cathedral and Chichester train station.
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way