Are you looking to take the next step in your career?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Registered Nurses (RNs) and Registered Mental Health Nurses (RMNs) to provide outstanding care and support to our service users in Billingham, Stockton-On-Tees, Durham and the surrounding areas.
Working with Newcross will allow you to benefit from flexible hours, our Perks at Work scheme and our flexible pay feature, Flexi Pay.
Our Durham Team
Located in the historic city of Durham, Newcross Healthcare's Durham branch is based at Aire House.
It supplies the local areas nursing, residential and care homes with qualified care assistants, nurses and support workers as well as providing specialist care for those who need it.
The small village of Wylam was the birthplace of both Timothy Hackworth and George Stephenson.
You'll need to have a valid NMC pin number, and confidently work with clients independently as well as part of a wider MDT team. It is highly desirable that you have team leader skills and previous experience of medication administration within nursing home settings.
Our Nursing Roles
As a nurse, you will ensure that our service users receive outstanding nursing care in accordance to their personal care plans.
As a mental health nurse (RMN), you will have a calm demeanour and are able to provide support to our service users that can be anxious or confused within specialist mental health nursing homes and private hospitals.
- Salary of up to £28.27/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- NurChat nurse forum - get support and discuss issues with your peers
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
- Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff. Take advantage of 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
Skills & Opportunities
Broaden your skill set with our comprehensive range of free training programs covering a range of different topics such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton to Dementia Care and many more!
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
We provide nursing care in a range of settings from acute, hospital and ward environments to care, nursing and residential homes, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.