Develop your nursing career with us!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Registered Nurses (RNs) and Registered Mental Health Nurses (RMNs) to care and support our service users living in Darlington and the surrounding areas.
What will I do?
As a nurse, you will be required to have excellent clinical skills and ensure that our service users receive excellent nursing care in line with their personal care plans.
As a mental health nurse, you will have a compassionate demeanour and be comfortable working with service users that are anxious or confused.
Why choose Newcross?
- Flexible hours across a variety of different shifts
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts available
- Flexi Pay app feature giving you access to an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Skills & Development
Working with Newcross will give you the chance to develop your skill set with a variety of free training programs covering various topics such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Epilepsy and many more.
Additional opportunities are available to study towards a variety of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ).
What will I need?
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
We provide nursing care in a range of settings from acute, hospital and ward environments to care, nursing and residential homes, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these.
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £28.84/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- NurChat nurse forum - get support and discuss issues with your peers
Our local team
Located in the historic city of Durham, Newcross Healthcare's Durham branch is based at Aire House.
It supplies the local areas nursing, residential and care homes with qualified care assistants, nurses and support workers as well as providing specialist care for those who need it.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.