Do you want to develop your skill set?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Registered Nurses (RNs) and Registered Mental Health Nurses (RMNs) to provide care to our service users in Darlington and the surrounding areas.
- Salary of up to £28.27/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- NurChat nurse forum - get support and discuss issues with your peers
Our nursing roles
You will have excellent clinical abilities and will be able to provide nursing care and support to our service users. It is essential that you are able to work well independently and as part of a wider MDT team.
You could work with service users that can be anxious or confused so a calm approach is paramount.
Successful candidates will have access to a range of free training programs covering topics such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
Additional benefits include
- Flexible full time and part time hours across weekdays, weekends and nights
- Our Flexi Pay feature allows you to submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift within a matter of hours (includes weekends and Bank Holidays).
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
Our local team
Located in the historic city of Durham, Newcross Healthcare's Durham branch is based at Aire House.
It supplies the local areas nursing, residential and care homes with qualified care assistants, nurses and support workers as well as providing specialist care for those who need it.
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
We provide nursing care in a range of settings from acute, hospital and ward environments to care, nursing and residential homes, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.