Located in the historic city of Durham, Newcross Healthcare's Durham branch is based at Aire House.
It supplies the local areas nursing, residential and care homes with qualified care assistants, nurses and support workers as well as providing specialist care for those who need it.
Durham Cathedral is a Cathedral that houses the Cathedral Church of Christ, St. Cuthbert of Durham and the Blessed Virgin Mary.
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Registered Nurses (RNs) and Registered Mental Health Nurses (RMNs) to provide care and support to our service users in Darlington and the surrounding areas.
With our new flexible pay feature on the HealthForceGo app you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day, even on weekends and bank holidays!
Our nursing roles
In this position, you will be responsible for providing direct nursing care to patients. You should be highly committed to best practices, knowledgeable of compliance requirements, and able to perform well within a close-knit team environment.
It is essential that you have a calm approach and are able to work with service users that are anxious or confused. You could work in range of different environments including specialist mental health nursing homes and private hospitals.
- Salary of up to £28.27/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- NurChat nurse forum - get support and discuss issues with your peers
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
- Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff. Take advantage of 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
Skills & Opportunities
Working in Newcross will enable you to broaden your skill set with a comprehensive range of free training programs. They can be earned as you work and cover a range of topics such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
We provide nursing care in a range of settings from acute, hospital and ward environments to care, nursing and residential homes, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.