Are you looking to take the next step in your nursing career?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Registered Nurses (RNs) and Registered Mental Health Nurses (RMNs) to care for our service users living in Durham and the surrounding areas.
As a nurse, you will have excellent clinical abilities and be comfortable providing excellent nursing care and support to our service users with various needs and requirements,
As a mental health nurse, you could work with service users that are anxious or confused so it is essential that you have a calm and approachable demeanour.
- Flexible hours across different weekday, weekend and night shifts!
- Employee perks scheme with 30,000 discounts available in retailers throughout the UK
- Flexi Pay app feature enabling you to access an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Skills & Training opportunities
Working with Newcross, will enable you to access a wide variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work and covering topics such as Medication Administration, Epilepsy, Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton and many more.
There could be further opportunities available for staff to work towards a variety of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) in various levels and subjects.
- Salary of up to £28.84/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- NurChat nurse forum - get support and discuss issues with your peers
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
We provide nursing care in a range of settings from acute, hospital and ward environments to care, nursing and residential homes, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these.
Located in the historic city of Durham, Newcross Healthcare's Durham branch is based at Aire House.
Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Begin your application today!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.