Newcross Healthcare are seeking experienced Registered Nurses and Registered Mental Health Nurses (RGN, RN, RMN) with at least 6 month's post qualification experience to deliver the highest quality of care and support to our service users in Bangor, Caernarfon and the surrounding local areas.
There has never been a better time to join Newcross in a full or part time nursing position. Join today and be welcomed to the Newcross family with a free DBS check, free uniform and our exclusive platinum ticket invitation rewarding you with a £500 bonus after 250 hours of work.
Our RN Role
You must have a compassionate approach and be confident in your ability to provide life-enhancing nursing care that protects the dignity of the client and is in line with their personalised care plan.
You'll be a natural leader, equally comfortable with delegating tasks to colleagues as you are completing a medication round accurately.
Our RMN Role
As a Mental Health Nurse (RMN), you will be working closely with patients who can be anxious or confused so a calm approach is vital to establish rapport. Another important aspect of this role is providing support for family and friends of the individual in your care who play a key part in their life.
Our clients come from a range of environments, including specialist mental health nursing homes and private hospitals, however in some instances there are also opportunities for RMNs to work with people with substance addiction, depression and challenging behaviour experience to work with clients in a more long-term capacity.
Working for Newcross is entirely flexible, work full or part time hours, choose your rota to fit around your life with the security of a permanent job with guaranteed hours and a local line manager. We have a range of shifts available from long days and nights to evenings and weekends.
As a successful candidate you will benefit from
- Free DBS check upfront and free uniform*
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross*
- Competitive salary up to £31.26/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Support from local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- NurChat nurse forum - get support and discuss issues with your peers
Why should you join Newcross?
We will fully support you through Revalidation with a local line manager, annual appraisal and Clinical Governance support network, and support and guidance through our Local team. With the opportunity to learn new skills with our ongoing clinical training.
To apply for this role, you will need
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- You must have at least 6 months post qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your time-sheets via our mobile app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable.
We provide nursing care in a range of settings from acute, hospital and ward environments to care, nursing and residential homes, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these.
Your local Team
Newcross Healthcare's first branch in North Wales is based in Colwyn Bay and located on Station Road, opposite the town's train station.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application and use code NursePlatinum to claim your welcome package.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.