Take the next step in your career with us!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Registered Nurses (RNs) and Registered Mental Health Nurses (RMNs) to provide care to our service users in Colwyn Bay, Conwy, Deganwy, Llandudno, Llanrwst and the surrounding areas.
As a nurse/mental health nurse, you will be required to have excellent clinical skills and be comfortable working independently and as a part of a wider MDT team.
It is essential that you have a calm demeanour as you could be working with service users that can be anxious or confused.
Skills & Development
With Newcross, you will have the opportunity to develop your skill set with a comprehensive range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics covered include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
Further opportunities are available to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ).
- Salary of up to £31.26/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- NurChat nurse forum - get support and discuss issues with your peers
Additional benefits include
- Flexible hours across weekday, night and weekends shifts!
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts
- Flexi Pay! Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Our friendly team
Newcross Healthcare's first branch in North Wales is based in Colwyn Bay and located on Station Road, opposite the town's train station.
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
Begin your application today!
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.