Do you want to make a difference to someone's life?
Being a Registered Nurse
In this role you will be delivering direct nursing care and support to our clients based Exeter, Cullompton, Crediton, Okehampton and the surrounding area.
Our Newcross Nurses are dedicated and caring professionals who are able to work independently or as part of a MDT team and who have excellent clinical skills and a valid NCM pin number.
- Salary of up to £25.21/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
Perks at Work
All healthcare staff have access to 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
Typically, most UK healthcare workers are paid weekly or monthly but with our flexible pay scheme, they have the possibility to request an advance against the completed shifts and be paid as quickly as one hour after they've finished a day's work! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
You can find us at 31-33 Southernhay East, located in Exeter city centre, close to the cathedral and Exeter train station.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details *Terms and conditions apply.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!