Are you looking for a vocation in a rewarding and professional setting?
Newcross Healthcare are looking to recruit experienced and dedicated Registered Nurses (RNs) and Registered Mental Health Nurses (RMNs) to join us in delivering outstanding nursing care and support to our service users living within Lancaster, Morecambe and surrounding locations.
The Nursing Role
Your position will be varied and will range from clinical care to wider emotional and social support.
You will also be responsible for providing direct nursing care to our service users. You will be highly committed to best practices, knowledgeable of compliance requirements, and able to perform well within a close-knit team environment.
We provide nursing care in a range of settings from acute, hospital and ward environments to care, nursing and residential homes, so it is imperative that you have had experience in at least one of these areas.
Why work with Newcross?
All our staff have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving you the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours so you can have the work-life balance that suits you.
As a valued Newcross Nurse, you will also have the opportunity to develop your current skill set with a variety of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. These include Dementia Care, Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration and more.
Working at Newcross will also provide you with the chance to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- Access to a smart device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not essential
- Salary up to £31.40/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record DBS check and uniform
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross
- Perks at Work - access to around 30,000 discounts in the high street shops
- Support from local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Video conferencing technology to enable you to attend a virtual interview
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
Furthermore, we've launched our exclusive flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', which enables our healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative app HealthForceGo®
Your local branch are based in Guildhall St. in Preston city centre, just a short distance from Preston train station and St. George's Shopping Centre.
Click the button to Apply
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.