Are you looking to take the next step in your nursing career?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Registered Nurses (RNs) and Registered Mental Health Nurses (RMNs) to care for our service users in Preston and the surrounding areas.
- Salary of up to £30.78/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- NurChat nurse forum - get support and discuss issues with your peers
The nursing roles
As a nurse, you will have excellent clinical skills and ensure that our service users are at the centre of everything you do. It is essential that you are comfortable caring for our service users independently and as part of a wider MDT team.
As a mental health nurse, you will have a calm demeanour as you could be caring for service users that are confused or anxious.
Why work with us?
- Flexible hours across weekdays, nights and weekends
- Employee scheme with access to 30,000 discounts in various high street retailers
- Flexi Pay feature enabling you to access an advance of 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Skills & Development
Our comprehensive range of free training programs can be earned though credits as you work and cover various topics such as Medication Administration, Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care, Epilepsy and many more.
Our friendly team
The Preston branch is one of our newest to be opened and is located in the heart of the town close to the River Ribble. It provides the Lancashire region with experienced nurses and care workers.
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
- Experience of medication administration within a nursing home setting.
We provide nursing care in a range of settings from acute, hospital and ward environments to care, nursing and residential homes, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.