This could be the perfect position for you!
Newcross Healthcare is looking for outstanding Registered Nurses (RNs) and Registered Mental Health Nurses (RMNs) to provide the highest quality of care to our service users in Preston and the surrounding local areas.
In exchange, we will give you the opportunity of growing in your career with our wide range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. This could include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton to Dementia Care and many more!
What we offer:
- Salary of up to £30.78/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Perks at Work - Access 30,000 discounts on the high street
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- NurChat nurse forum - get support and discuss issues with your peers
Benefit from ongoing access to expert 24/7 guidance from our clinical support team and choose when you want to be paid with Flexi Pay, via our HealthForceGo app!
The Preston Team
The Preston branch is one of our newest to be opened and is located in the heart of the town close to the River Ribble. It provides the Lancashire region with experienced nurses and care workers.
Preston was voted the 12th best place to live and work in the whole of the U.K. by the Channel 4 program Uk's best place to live.
What we require:
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
- Experience of medication administration within a nursing home setting.
We provide nursing care in a range of settings from acute, hospital and ward environments to care, nursing and residential homes, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these.
Our Registered Nurses are responsible for providing excellent care and support to our service users whilst protecting their dignity in line with their personalised care plan.
You should have a valid NMC pin number, team leader skills and experience working independently and within a close-knit team environment.
Mental Health Nurse
For this role you will have experience working with service users that can be anxious or confused. You will also need to be caring and dedicated, always promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for.
It would be an advantage if you have some experience working with people that have challenging behaviour, depression or substance addiction.
Apply today if this role sounds like you!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.