Do you want to be making a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is looking for compassionate Registered Nurses who want to provide the highest quality of care and support to our service users in Huddersfield, Brighouse, Holmfirth, Meltham, Halifax and the surrounds.
As a Newcross nurse you will:
- Have a valid NMC pin number and excellent clinical skills
- Promote the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for.
- Be able to work independently and as part of a wider MDT team.
- Provide outstanding nursing care that protects the dignity of our clients.
- Have team leader skills and experience of medication administration.
Newcross offer a wide range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. This could include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
You will also have the option to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
The Minimum Requirements:
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
We provide nursing care in a range of settings from acute, hospital and ward environments to care, nursing and residential homes, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these.
You will be working within our Rochdale team which is located in Newgate, near the Rochdale Cenotaph.
Interesting fact: During the 18th century Rochdale was at the centre of Britain's burgeoning wool trade.
The Benefits you'll get:
- Salary of up to £30.78/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff.
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- NurChat nurse forum - get support and discuss issues with your peers
- Flexi Pay- choose when you want to be paid! Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Click the button to Apply
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
We now give you the option to do video interviewing! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.