Registered Nurse - Children
Are you a Registered Nurse seeking a new career avenue?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Registered Nurses (RNs) to provide outstanding care and personalised support to children living with additional healthcare needs in their homes in Wallisdown, Broadstone, Christchurch, Poole, Bournemouth and the surrounding areas.
The shifts for this role are night shifts from 9pm to 7.30am, with rates varying from £32.50/hr for weekdays and £35.86/hr for weekends.
With Newcross, you can benefit from a minimum hours guarantee, the ability to choose full time or part time hours to suit you and your needs and our 'Flexi Pay' pay scheme which enables our healthcare staff to have access to 'same day pay'.
The Nursing Role
As a Newcross Nurse, you will be responsible for providing excellent nursing care to our service users in accordance to their personalised care plans.
It is essential that you have a valid NCM pin number, outstanding clinical skills and be able to confidently work with service users independently and as part of a wider MDT team. It is highly desirable that you have team leader skills and previous experience of medication administration within a range of care settings.
Our Bournemouth Team
Your local team are based in the coastal town of Bournemouth in St Stephens Court on St Stephen's Rd just off the A338. We are easily reachable by car or local buses and we are a 20-minute walk away from the train station.
Literary masters JRR Tolkien and Enid Blyton lived here.
- Salary of up to £35.86/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Skills & Opportunities
Take advantage of a range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. These are designed to broaden your skill set and will include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
You could also study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
The Role Specification
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.