Do you want to develop your skill set?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Registered Nurses (RNs) and Registered Mental Health Nurses (RMNs) to provide care and support to our service users in Tyne and Wear, Newcastle, Gateshead, Tynemouth, Wallsend, Jarrow, Low Fell, Tyneside and the surrounding areas.
Why join Newcross?
Working with us will enable you to access flexible hours to suit your exisiting commitments, a minimum hours guarantee as part of our permanent contracts and our Flexi Pay feature.
As a Nurse, you will have outstanding clinical skills and be responsible for providing excellent nursing care to our service users with various needs.
As a Mental Health Nurse, it is essential that you have a calm deanour as you will be working with service users that can be anxious or confused in environments such as private hospitals and mental health nursing homes.
Skills & Training
At Newcross Healthcare we value all of our employees and strive on providing clear career progression through a variety of over 200 training courses to ensure that our team always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learning new skills.
- Salary of up to £28.27/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross
- Perks at Work - Access 30,000 discounts on the high street
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- NurChat nurse forum - get support and discuss issues with your peers
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Your local team
Your local team is located in Newcastle, based at 156 Sandyford Road near the university in city centre. We cover areas as far north as Ashington and Carlisle in the west.
In the 11th century, the city's strategic location led to the establishment of a Norman settlement here.
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
We provide nursing care in a range of settings from acute, hospital and ward environments to care, nursing and residential homes, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.