Are you looking for the next step in your nursing career?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Registered Nurses (RNs) and Registered Mental Health Nurses (RMNs) to care for our service users in Worthing, Lancing, Shoreham-by-Sea, Goring-by-Sea and the surrounding areas.
What will I do?
As a nurse, you will have outstanding clinical skills and ensure that our service users receive excellent care in line with their personal care plans.
As a mental health nurse, you will have a calm approach as you could care for service users that are anxious, confused or have substance abuse issues.
It is highly desirable that you have team leader skills and previous experience of medication administration in various nursing home settings.
- Flexible hours across a variety of weekend, weekday and night shifts
- Employee perks scheme with 30,000 discounts available
- Flexi Pay app feature giving you access to an advance of 50% of the value of your shift on the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Our local team
Newcross Healthcare Solutions in Chichester is located near Chichester Cathedral and provides the local West Sussex area with flexible permanent healthcare staff to residential, nursing and care homes.
- Salary of up to £33.36/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- NurChat nurse forum - get support and discuss issues with your peers
- Video calling technology so you can attend your interview without leaving the house
What will you need?
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
We provide nursing care in a range of settings from acute, hospital and ward environments to care, nursing and residential homes, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these.
Skills & Training
Successful candidates will have a chance to develop their skill set with a comprehensive range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics vary and will include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
Additional opportunities are available for staff to study towards various National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) in a variety of subjects and levels.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.