Registered Nurse / Mental Health
We are looking for nurses like you!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Nurses and Mental Health Nurses to work in Falkirk, Stirling, Plean, Airth and the surrounding areas.
- Flexible hours to suit your ongoing needs and requirements
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts available
- Flexi Pay app feature enabling you to withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
As nurse, you will be confident in your clinical abilities and be comfortable providing excellent nursing care to our service users in line with their personal care plans.
As a mental health nurse, you will have a calm and approachable demeanour as you could work with service users living with mental illness, addiction or substance abuse.
Skills & Training opportunities
Take advantage of a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work and designed to develop your skill set. Topics vary but will include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Epilepsy and many more.
Staff will also have a chance to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) in various levels and subjects.
- Salary of up to £30.29/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) upfront*
- Free uniform upon joining*
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
Our friendly team
Your local team is based in Falkirk City Centre, a short walk from Falkirk Grahamston Station, or a short drive from the only rotary canal connector in the world (Falkirk Wheel).
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.