Same day pay, free training and flexible rotas
Flexible hours - choose to work full or part time hours across days, nights or weekends. Pick your hours to fit in around you, work as little or as much as you choose.
Flexible Pay - allows healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative HealthForceGo® app. Simply digitally sign and verify your timesheets and receive up to 50% of the value of your shhift the very same day.
In this role, you'll need to be dedicated to improving and supporting the quality of life and well-being of those in your care. To achieve this, you'll need to have excellent clinical skills, a valid NCM pin number and the ability to think on your own feet.
Our ideal applicant will be naturally compassionate and confident in their clinical ability. They will be able to provide excellent nursing care that safeguards the dignity and independence in line with their personalised care plan.
Newcross Healthcare's Dundee branch is based at the city centre and is just a short 5 minute walk from Dundee train station and the River Tay.
Dundee fact: did you know Sir William Wallace, who led the Scottish rebellion against Edward I, went to school in Dundee.
We offer all kinds of free training programmes to enable our staff to develop their clinical skills. These courses are free, paid for with credits you earn as you work. Courses on offer include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
Newcross also provide the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
- Salary of up to £26.98/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross
- Video conferencing technology to enable you to attend a virtual interview
- Perks at Work employee discount scheme
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- With our new flexible pay feature you are able to submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day, even on bank holidays and weekends!
What do you need
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable.
We provide nursing care in a range of settings from acute, hospital and ward environments to care, nursing and residential homes, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.