Registered Nurse - Days & Waking Nights
You can change someone's life!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Registered Nurses to care for a young man living with complex care needs in his own home in Central Exeter and the surrounding areas.
As a nurse, you will excellent nursing care to a young man that has Epilepsy, a Learning Disability and other medical needs such as PEG and Bi-PAP. You will provide assistance with personal care activities, clinical needs, monitoring for any signs of seizures and completing seizure and MAR charts.
Our service user
We are looking for a caring and professional individual that will allow this young man to go out on trips and attend any groups within the local area such as yoga. You will work alongside another colleague and/or the family whilst following the protocol in place for him.
Our app feature allows our service users to withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shift on the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Organised rotas set to up to 4 weeks in advance to fit around your existing commitments
- Free spealised training programs earned through credits as you work
- A minimum hours guarantee included within your permanent contract
- Salary of up to £22.91/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Employee 'Perks at Work' scheme with 30,000 discounts available
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not essential
Your local Exeter team
Newcross Healthcare's Exeter branch is located in the heart of the city and provides qualified nurses, care assistants and care workers to clients and care homes in the city and wider area.
You will find us at 31-33 Southernhay East, close to the cathedral and Exeter train station.
Broaden your skill set with us!
Choose from a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work and covering a variety of different topics. These will vary but will include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care, PEG, Epilepsy and many more.
We provide nursing care in a range of settings from acute, hospital and ward environments to care, nursing and residential homes, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these.
Apply today and a friendly member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.