Do you want to make a change to someone's life?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Registered Nurses to care for our service users living in Eastleigh, Winchester, Chandler's Ford, Romsey, Bishop's Waltham and the surrounding areas.
As a registered nurse, you will confidently provide nursing care to our service users in line with their personal care plans. You will be comfortable caring for them independently and as part of a wider MDT team.
It is highly desirable that you have team leader skills and previous experience of medication administration in nursing home settings.
Why choose us?
- Flexible full time and part time hours in various weekday, night and weekend shifts
- Employee perks scheme with 30,000 discounts available
- Various free training programs earned through credits as you work
This unique service will enable you to choose when you get paid and receive up to 50% of the value of your shift by simply submitting your timesheets by 5pm. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £33.36/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
Working with Newcross will enable you to develop your skill set with a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. We cover topics such as Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, End of Life Care, Dementia Care, Epilepsy and many more.
Opportunities are available to study towards a variety of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) in different levels and subjects.
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!