Newcross Healthcare are seeking experienced and dedicated Registered Nurses (RGN/RN1) to care for our service users in a range of care settings within Hamilton, Coatbridge, Wishaw, Blantyre and the surrounding local areas of South Lanarkshire.
We are particularly interested to hear from nurses who have experience with the frail and elderly as well as experience of Specialist Dementia units.
Working for Newcross is entirely flexible, work full or part time hours, choose your rota to fit around your life with the security of a permanent job with guaranteed hours, we have a range of shifts available from long days and nights to evenings and weekends.
There has never been a better time to join Newcross in a full or part time nursing position. Join today and be welcomed to the Newcross family with a free PVG check, free uniform, our exclusive platinum ticket invitation rewarding you with a £500 bonus after 250 hours of work, plus supporting you through revalidation.
Our Nursing Role
Compassion and respect are key to this role, through your approach to delivering the best quality of care to the service user to respecting the families and friends of the client, and at all times providing life-enhancing care that protects the dignity of the client and is in line with their personalised care plan.
You will promote your patient's independence by being actively involved in their care planning journey by setting realistic goals, helping them understand their condition and administer medication in line with up to date protocols.
Working for Newcross is entirely flexible, work full or part time hours, choose your rota to fit around your life with the security of a permanent job with guaranteed hours and a local line manager. We have a range of shifts available from long days and nights to evenings and weekends.
As a successful candidate you will benefit from
- Free DBS check upfront and free uniform*
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross*
- Competitive salary up to £26.55/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Support from local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- NurChat nurse forum - get support and discuss issues with your peers
Why should you join Newcross?
We value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression, so we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and progress further in their career.
We are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving you the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.
Your local Team
Your local branch is based on Castle Street in Hamilton town centre, a short walk away from the local train station. Hamilton is home to Chatelherault Country Park - the hunting lodge of the previous Dukes of Hamilton; which is only a short 6 minute drive away from our branch
We deliver the Newcross standard of care to clients across Lanarkshire, including areas such as Cumbernaud and Wilshaw.
To apply for this role you will need
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
We provide nursing care in a range of settings from acute, hospital and ward environments to care, nursing and residential homes, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application and use the code NursePlatinum to claim your welcome package
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.