Take the next step in your nursing career with us!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Registered Nurses to care and support our service users living in Hampshire and the surrounding areas.
As a Newcross nurse, you will have outstanding clinical skills and be able to provide nursing care to our service users in line with their personal care plans.
You will also be comfortable caring for our service users independently and as part of a wider MDT team.
Our Flexi Pay app feature allows our staff to receive an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the very same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Flexible full time and part time hours throughout weekdays, nights and weekends
- Perks at Work employee scheme with 30,000 discounts
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
Our Southampton branch is based at 1-3 The Avenue in the city centre, near the hospital. The Southampton branch was relocated to these larger premises in 2014 due to expansion of our services and a growing need for the provision of homecare packages in the Hampshire area.
- Salary of up to £33.36/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) upfront*
- Free uniform upon joining*
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
Skills & Training
With Newcross, you will have the chance to develop your skill set with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work and covering a variety of topics. These will include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Epilepsy, Dementia Care, Medication Administration and many more.
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
We provide nursing care in a range of settings from acute, hospital and ward environments to care, nursing and residential homes, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these.