Do you have what it takes?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced nurses to join our team in Hastings, Battle, St Leonards-on-Sea, Rye, Winchelsea and the surrounding area.
You must be confident in your ability to provide excellent nursing care that protects the dignity of our service users in line with their personalised care plan.
Skills & Opportunities
This role gives you the chance to improve your skills with a wide range of free training programmes available, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work. This could include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton to Dementia Care and many more!
With our new flexible pay feature on the HealthForceGo app you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
- Salary of up to £27.41/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff. Take advantage of 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
- Access our exclusive Platinum Ticket Invitation and receive a £500 welcome bonus
We offer all kinds of free training programmes, earned through credits while you work. This could include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
We also provide the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Due to rural client locations and shift times, access to your own vehicle is desirable but not required.
We provide nursing care in a range of settings from acute, hospital and ward environments to care, nursing and residential homes, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these.
The branch is based on Gildredge Road, next to Eastbourne train station. If you're an experienced care assistant or registered nurse, we could have the job for you.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.