Develop your nursing career with Newcross!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Registered Nurses (RNs) and Registered Mental Health Nurses (RMNs) to care for our service users in Bognor Regis, Felpham, Aldwick, Flansham, Chichester, Selsey and the surrounding areas.
As a nurse, you will ensure that our service users are at the centre of everything that you do. You will have excellent clinical abilities and be comfortable caring for our service users independently and as part of wider MDT team.
As a mental health nurse, you could work with service users that are anxious or confused so it is essential that you have a calm and approachable demeanour.
It is highly desirable that you have previous experience of administering medication in a nursing home setting.
Our local team
Newcross Healthcare Solutions in Chichester is located near Chichester Cathedral and provides the local West Sussex area with flexible permanent healthcare staff to residential, nursing and care homes.
Many features of Chichester itself indicate its importance in Roman times.
This application feature will allow you to submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £33.36/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross
- Flexible hours to suit your ongoing needs
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Employee scheme with 30,000 discounts available
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- NurChat nurse forum - get support and discuss issues with your peers
- Video calling so you can attend your interview without leaving your house
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to develop their skill set with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics will include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
You could have the chance to study towards a variety of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) in a range of levels and subjects.
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
We provide nursing care in a range of settings from acute, hospital and ward environments to care, nursing and residential homes, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these.
Submit your application and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.