Are you looking to develop your skill set?
Newcross Healthcare is looking for outstanding professional Registered Nurses (RNs) and Registered Mental Health Nurses (RMNs) to join our team based in Bolton and the surrounding areas.
As a nurse, you will have excellent clinical skills and ensure that our service users receive outstanding care and support in line with their personal care plans. You will be able to work independently and as part of a wider MDT team.
As a mental health nurse, you will have a calm approach as you could be working with service users that can be anxious or confused.
It is highly desirable that you have team leader skills and previous experience of medication administration.
Skills & Opportunities
Working with Newcross will give you access to a comprehensive range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics will vary and include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
Additional opportunities are available to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
What will I need?
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
We provide nursing care in a range of settings from acute, hospital and ward environments to care, nursing and residential homes, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these.
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £30.78/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible hours across weekdays, nights and weekends
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- NurChat nurse forum - get support and discuss issues with your peers
- Flexi Pay- Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Our Preston branch is one of our newest to be opened and is located in the heart of the town close to the River Ribble. It provides the Lancashire region with experienced nurses and care workers.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.