Newcross Healthcare is looking for you!
Join our exciting team in Bolton and benefit from:
Flexible full and part time hours available across weekday/night and weekend shifts to suit!
- Our Flexi Pay feature! Unlike most UK healthcare workers, you can decide when you get paid. Just request an advance against the completed shifts and be paid as quickly as one hour after you've finished a day's work! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Our 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers with Perks at Work!
Newcross Healthcare is looking for outstanding professional Registered Nurses (RNs) and Registered Mental Health Nurses (RMNs) to join our team based in Bolton and the surrounding areas.
As a Newcross Nurse you will be providing nursing care and support which protect the dignity of our service users in line with their personalised care plan. You will have excellent clinical skills, a valid NMC pin number and the confidence to work with clients independently and as part of a wider MDT team.
As a Mental Health Nurse you will be working with patients that can be anxious or confused so it is essential that you have a calm and approachable demeanour. You will be a dedicated and committed health professional who uphold our ethos of providing outstanding care and support.
* Experience of medication administration within a nursing home setting and team leader skills are highly desirable.
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
We provide nursing care in a range of settings from acute, hospital and ward environments to care, nursing and residential homes, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these.
Newcross also give the opportunity of studying free training programmes such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
And we also offer you the option to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
- Salary of up to £30.78/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- NurChat nurse forum - get support and discuss issues with your peers
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Our Preston branch is one of our newest to be opened and is located in the heart of the town close to the River Ribble. It provides the Lancashire region with experienced nurses and care workers.
Fun fact: The first KFC outside North America was built in Preston
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.