Become a Newcross Nurse today!
Newcross Healthcare are looking to recruit experienced Nurses and Mental Health Nurses to provide outstanding care to our service users in Edinburgh and the surrounding areas of Musselburgh, Kirkliston, Longniddry, Midlothian, East Lothian, Bonnyrigg, Dalkeith, North Berwick and Gilmerton.
Your New Role
As a Newcross Nurse, you will be dedicated to improving and supporting the quality of life and well-being of the service users in your care.
This means you will have excellent clinical skills and the ability to work with clients independently and also as part of a wider MDT team.
We provide nursing care in a range of settings from acute, hospital and ward environments to nursing, care and residential homes, so it is important that you have experience in at least one of these.
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employment in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smart device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota on our app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
All of our healthcare staff have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving you the security of a steady income, and the flexibility to choose your own hours so you can have the work-life balance that suits you.
At Newcross, you'll have access to Flexi Pay, our 'same day pay' app feature, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day, even on bank holidays and weekends!
We also provide the opportunity for you to improve your skill set with a range of free training programmes available, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work. These programmes include training from Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton to Dementia Care and more.
As a Registered Nurse, you can access our exclusive Platinum Ticket Invitation, where you'll receive a free uniform when you join our team, a free DBS check upfront and a £500 welcome bonus after your first 250 hours of work with Newcross*.
You will also receive:
- Salary of up to £29.84/hr including holiday pay
- Perks at Work - Access to 30,000 discounts on the high street
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
Meet the team!
Our friendly Edinburgh branch are located at 5 New Mart Place, within close proximity to Slateford railway station.
Our applicants now have access to video interviewing, so rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details