Newcross commit to providing excellent care and support
Newcross Healthcare is looking for Registered Nurses and Mental Health Nurses with at least 6 months post qualification experience to provide outstanding care and support to our users in Chester, Ellesmere Port, Deeside and the surrounding areas.
We're a family run business who take care of their healthcare staff as well as their service users. We don't believe in 'zero hours' contracts. You'll have minimum hours guaranteed in your contract, providing you with the security of a steady income.
You will also benefit from our unique flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', which allows healthcare staff to access up to 50% of their pay the same day via our innovative app HealthForceGo®.
Your Chester Team:
Your local branch is based in Chester - you can find us at 17 - 19 Boughton, just off of the A51. We're a convenient 7 minute walk from Chester train station and a few minutes from the Grosvenor precinct. Our Chester branch covers the wider Cheshire area and parts of Northern Wales, from Holywell and Wrexham, to Crewe and Northwich.
Your nursing role:
Our person-centred nursing services put the user at the heart of everything we do. You must have a compassionate approach and be confident in your clinical ability to provide life-enhancing care that protects the dignity of the client in line with their personalised care plan.
As a Mental Health Nurse, you will work closely with patients who can sometimes become confused, so a calm and gentle approach is crucial to establish rapport.
- Salary of up to £31.26/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Video calling technology so you can attend your interview without leaving your home
- £500 welcome bonus after 250 hours of work with Newcross
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and dedicated Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
We offer all kinds of free training programmes, earned through credits while you work. This could include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
What you need for the role
- Current valid NMC registration
- Proof of your right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone with internet access to choose your rotas and submit your digital timesheets via our app
- We provide nursing care in a variety of settings from acute, hospital and ward environments to care, nursing and residential homes, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.