Working for Newcross is entirely flexible - choose your hours to fit in around you
We are currently looking to recruit experienced RGN's and RMN's to join our local Chester team, providing care and support to our service users in Flint, Chester and the surrounding areas.
Your Friendly Chester Team
Based in Chester, you can find us at 17 - 19 Boughton, just off of the A51. We are a convenient 7 minute walk from Chester train station and a few minutes from the Grosvenor precinct. Our Chester branch covers the wider Cheshire area and parts of Northern Wales, from Holywell and Wrexham, to Crewe and Northwich.
Did you know: Chester was founded as Roman fort in the year 79AD and was known as Deva.
Why join Newcross?
- Flexi Pay "same day pay" feature*
- Work full or part time hours to suit you
- Salary of up to £31.26/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross
- Video calling services so you can attend your interview without leaving home
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
*With our new Flexi Pay feature you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift that very same day.
Your new role
Our nurses put the user at the centre of everything they do. You must be a naturally compassionate person and confident in your clinical ability to provide excellent nursing care.
As a Mental Health Nurse, you will be working closely with patients who can experience anxiousness or confusion so a reassuring calm approach is vital to establish rapport.
This role gives you the chance to improve your skills with a wide range of free training programmes available, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work.
This could include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton to Dementia Care and many more!
To apply for this role you will need
- Current valid NMC registration
- Proof of your right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
We provide nursing care in a range of settings from acute, hospital and ward environments to care, nursing and residential homes, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.