Take the next step in your nursing career with us!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Registered Nurses (RNs) and Registered Mental Health Nurses (RMNs) to care for our service users living in Portsmouth, Waterlooville, Hayling Island and the surrounding areas.
What will you do?
As a nurse, you will ensure that our service users receive excellent nursing care at all times in line with their personal care plans.
As a mental health nurse, you will have a calm approach as you could care for service users that can be anxious, confused or have substance abuse.
It is highly desirable that you have team leader skills and medication administration in various nursing home settings.
- Flexible hours across a variety of different shifts including weekday, night and weekend shifts
- Employee perks scheme with 30,000 discounts in various retailers
- Flexi Pay feature enabling you to have access to an advance of 50% of the value of your shift on the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Skills & Opportunities
Working with Newcross, will give you access to a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics will change and include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
Further opportunities are available to study towards a variety of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) in various levels and subjects.
Benefits will include
- Salary of up to £33.36/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- NurChat nurse forum - get support and discuss issues with your peers
- Video calling technology so you can attend your interview without leaving the house
Our Chichester team
Newcross Healthcare Solutions in Chichester is located near Chichester Cathedral and provides the local West Sussex area with flexible permanent healthcare staff to residential, nursing and care homes.
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
We provide nursing care in a range of settings from acute, hospital and ward environments to care, nursing and residential homes, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these.
Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.