Our Nurses put our users at the centre of everything
Newcross Healthcare are seeking experienced Registered Nurses to join our team in delivering life-enhancing care to our service users living in Reading, Wokingham, Henley-on-Thames and the surrounds.
Join today and be welcomed to the Newcross family with a free DBS check, free uniform and our exclusive Platinum Ticket invitation rewarding you with a £500 bonus after 250 hours of work.
Our Reading branch are located in London Street, close to the town centre. We are also just a short distance from Reading train station and the Royal Berkshire Hospital.
What will I do?
As a Newcross Nurse, you will be promoting the well-being and quality of life of each service user that you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and providing expert support that allows them to live the life they wish to lead.
You'll be highly committed to best practices with the confidence to work with clients independently and as part of a wider MDT team.
Previous experience of medication administration within a nursing home setting and team leader skills are highly desirable.
What do you need for this position?
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contacts to comment on your clinical abilities
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or you are willing to book one with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smart phone or device with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
- Salary of up to £27.96/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Perks at Work - gives you discounts in major UK retailers
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
Furthermore, we've launched our exclusive flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', which enables our healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative app HealthForceGo®
Our applicants now have access to video interviewing, so rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will endeavour to assist you.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.