Senior Care Assistant
Do you want to make a change?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Senior Care Assistants to provide care and support to our service users in Newcastle, Gateshead, Tynemouth, Wallsend, Jarrow, Low Fell, Tyneside and the surrounding areas of Tyne and Wear.
Why work with Newcross?
- Flexible full and part time hours available to suit your ongoing needs!
- Our new Flexi Pay feature on the HealthForceGo® app allows you to submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Perks at Work, is available to all healthcare staff and enables you to take advantage of 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
The local team
Your local team is located in Newcastle, based at 156 Sandyford Road near the university in city centre. We cover areas as far north as Ashington and Carlisle in the west.
In the 13th century, a walled town grew up around the castle, which later went onto become an important stronghold against Scottish raiders.
You will have a deeper understanding of the care role and an additional set of responsibilities to a Care Assistant.
It is highly desirable that you have team leader skills and prior experience of providing care to service users with dementia as you could be in charge of a team of carers in various care settings.
- Salary of up to £12.54/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Skills & Opportunities
Working with Newcross will allow you to develop your skill set and enhance your career. These can be earned through credits as you work and cover a range of topics such as BSL or Makaton, Basic Life Support, Dementia Care, Medication Administration and many more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Medication Adminstration certificate
- NVQ3 or equivalent in Health and Social Care
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.