Senior Care Assistants
Newcross Healthcare's Dundee branch is based at the city centre and is just a short 5 minute walk from Dundee train station and the River Tay.
Are you looking to make a difference?
Then join us!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Senior Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Dundee and the surrounding areas.
Our caring role
You will be responsible for ensuring that our service users receive assistance with a variety of life-enhancing tasks. These vary but will include personal care tasks, daily living activities, clinical needs, social activities and any additional needed or required.
Successful candidates will have a NVQ3 or equivalent in Health and Social Care.
Why choose us?
- Flexible hours across weekdays, nights and weekends to suit your ongoing needs
- A wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work
- Flexi Pay app feature giving you access to an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- Salary of up to £17.56/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hour
- Agreed mileage payments for most client
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses.
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslip
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.