Senior Care Assistants
Providing outstanding care is a rewarding experience
Newcross Healthcare is looking for dedicated Senior Care Assistants to provide expert, professional care and support to our service users across Dundee and the surrounding local areas.
Your local team are situated at 1 S Tay Street, near Dundee train station.
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will be responsible for a team of carers and have extensive knowledge and additional responsibilities to that of a Care Assistant.
Our ideal candidate will be a dedicated and compassionate healthcare professional who will uphold our philosophy of excellent care with a focus on personal care plans to aid in improving the lives of our service users.
It is essential that you have a NVQ3 or equivalent in Health and Social Care to be successful in your application.
- Salary of up to £17.56/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most client
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to fit in with your commitments
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
You will also benefit from our new Flexi Pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Development at Newcross
At Newcross, we value all of our employees and strive on providing clear career progression through a variety of over 200 training courses to ensure that our team always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learning new skills.
Some of these include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus more.
What you will need to succeed
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the last 12 months
- Referee contact details to validate your previous clinical experience
- Access to a smartphone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and submit your timesheets via our mobile app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but is not mandatory
Apply now and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
We now offer video interviewing to make your life easier! Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can speak with us from the comfort of your own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way