Senior Care Assistant
You will be joining our team based in Norwich, this branch is located at 7/13 Orford Place in the city centre, just a short walk from Norwich train station.
Make a difference today!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Senior Care Assistants to care and support our service users living in Swaffham, Thetford, Norwich and the surrounding areas.
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will ensure that our service users receive excellent care and support at all times in line with their personal care plans. You will assist with personal care tasks, clinical requirements, social activities and any additional services needed.
You will also be expected to have a deeper understanding of the caring role and be comfortable leading a team of carers.
This innovative app feature enables our staff to access an advance of up to 50% of the value of their shift on the very same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £14.83/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay
- Flexible full time and part time hours available
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts available
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Successful candidates will have the chance to develop their existing skill set with a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics covered will include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, Epilepsy and many more.
Additional opportunities are available for successful applicants to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ).
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.