Senior Care Assistant
Develop your career with us!
Newcross Healtcare is seeking professional Senior Care Assistants to provide outstanding care and support to our service users living in Darlington and the surrounding areas.
- Salary of up to £14.07/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Flexible full time and part time hours across a variety of weekday, night and weekend shifts
Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts available
Flexi Pay feature allowing you to withdraw up 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will assist and care for our service users with a variety of important tasks. These will include personal care tasks, clinical needs, social activites and any additional services needed.
Skills & Opportunities
Successful candidates will have a chance to develop their skill set with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics will include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, Epilepsy and many more.
Additional opportunities are available for staff to study towards various National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ).
What do we need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- Medication Administration certificate
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- NVQ3 or equivalent in Health and Social Care is essential
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your time-sheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Your local branch is based in Durham, just off the A1 and a short distance from the River Wear. We cover areas from Middlesbrough and Darlington up along the Durham Heritage Coast to Sunderland, Chester-le-Street and everywhere in-between.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881.