Senior Care Assistant
Make a difference to someone's life today!
Newcross Healtcare is seeking Senior Care Assistants to care for our service users in Darlington and the surrounding areas.
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will have a deeper knowledge and understanding of the caring role but will have a number of additional responsibilities.
It is essential that you are comfortable leading a team of carers.
- Salary of up to £12.54/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible full and part time hours across weekdays, nights and weekends!
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Perks at Work! Have access to 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
- Flexi Pay - Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Skills & Development
We provide our staff with exclusive access to a wide range of free training programs covering topics such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
Additional opportunities to study towards a broad range of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) are available.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- Medication Administration certificate
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- NVQ3 or equivalent in Health and Social Care is essential
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your time-sheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Your local branch is based in Durham, just off the A1 and a short distance from the River Wear. We cover areas from Middlesbrough and Darlington up along the Durham Heritage Coast to Sunderland, Chester-le-Street and everywhere in-between.