Senior Care Assistant
You can make a positive difference to someone's life
Newcross Healtcare is seeking professional Senior Care Assistants to provide outstanding care and support to our service users living in Darlington and the surrounding areas.
Meet the Team
Our team works tirelessly to provide the region with the highest quality of healthcare professionals, assisting those in need of life-enhancing care and support.
Our friendly Durham branch is based at Aire House in Mandale Business Park, near the River Wear and just off the A1 road.
Your New Care Role
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will assist and support our service users with various important tasks. These will include personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services required.
You will also be expected to have additional responsibilities and a deeper knowledge of the caring role enabling you to successfully lead a team of carers.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- Medication Administration certificate
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross Healthcare course
- NVQ3 or equivalent in Health and Social Care is essential
- You will need access to a smartphone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your timesheets, rotas and payslips on the HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- Salary of up to £14.07/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to fit in with your commitments
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
Additionally, we've launched a unique pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', which allows healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our app HealthForceGo where you can decide when you want to be paid.
Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift on the very same day!
Development at Newcross
At Newcross, we value all of our employees and strive on providing clear career progression through a variety of over 200 training courses to ensure that our team always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learning new skills.
Some of these include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus more.
Apply now and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
We now offer video interviewing to make your life easier! Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can speak with us from the comfort of your own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way