Senior Care Assistant
Do you want to make a change?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Senior Care Assistants to care and support our service users living in Durham and the surrounding areas.
- Flexible hours across a variety of shifts throughout the week
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts
- Flexi Pay app feature allowing you to withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £14.07/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
What will I do?
As a Care Assistant, you will work hard to ensure that our service users receive constant high-quality care and support at all times. Your assistance will be required with personal care tasks, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- NVQ3 or equivalent in Health and Social Care is essential
- Medication Administration Certificate
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your time-sheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not essential
Successful candidates will have the chance to develop their skill set with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics covered include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, End of Life Care and many more.
Additional opportunities are available for staff to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ).
Our Durham Team
Your local branch is based in Durham, just off the A1 and a short distance from the River Wear. We cover areas from Middlesbrough and Darlington up along the Durham Heritage Coast to Sunderland, Chester-le-Street and everywhere in-between.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!