Senior Care Assistant
You make a positive change to someone's life!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Senior Care Assistants to provide care to our service users living in Durham and the surrounding areas.
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will have a deeper understanding and knowledge of our caring role so that you are able to comfortably lead a team of carers.
Successful candidates will have opportunities to develop their skill set with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics will include; Medication Administration, Epilepsy, Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton and many more.
What will I get?
- Salary of up to £12.54/hr including holiday pay
- Flexible full and part time hours available across weekdays, nights and weekends
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift within a matter of hours (includes weekends and Bank Holidays)
Our Durham Team
Your local branch is based in Durham, just off the A1 and a short distance from the River Wear. We cover areas from Middlesbrough and Darlington up along the Durham Heritage Coast to Sunderland, Chester-le-Street and everywhere in-between.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- NVQ3 or equivalent in Health and Social Care is essential
- Medication Administration Certificate
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your time-sheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not essential
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!