Senior Care Assistant
Are you looking to take the next step in your career?
* Salary of up to £12.54/hr including holiday pay
* Flexible full and part time hours available across weekday/night and weekends
* Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
* Perks at Work - Access 30,000 discounts on the high street
* Agreed mileage payments for most clients
* 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
* Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
Newcross Healthcare is changing lives with our new HealthForceGo® app feature, Flexi Pay. Flexi Pay allows over 7500 healthcare staff to receive an advance of up to 50% of money earned during completed shifts, if they so wish. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Newcross Senior Carer
Our Care Assistants are responsible for providing personal care and support to our service users. You will have additional responsibilities and be expected to have a deeper knowledge of the role of a Care Assistant.
It is essential that you have a medication administration certificate and a NVQ3 or equivalent in Health and Social Care.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your time-sheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not essential
Meet the Team
Your local branch is based in Durham, just off the A1 and a short distance from the River Wear. We cover areas from Middlesbrough and Darlington up along the Durham Heritage Coast to Sunderland, Chester-le-Street and everywhere in-between.
The whole of the centre of Durham is designated a conservation area.
Training & Development
Newcross is one of the UK's leading providers of specialist clinical training. Every month we deliver between 150 and 200 courses to over 1,000 Nurses and Healthcare Assistants. Led by our dedicated in-house clinical trainers and supported by a network of individually selected local partners, all Clinical Courses are developed with and endorsed by our Clinical Governance Team.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!