Senior Care Assistant
Become an invaluable member of our care team
Newcross Healthcare is currently recruiting for Senior Care Assistants to join us in delivering expert care and support our service users across Durham and the surrounding local areas.
What to expect in the role
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will be responsible for a team of carers and have extensive knowledge and additional responsibilities to that of a Care Assistant.
Our ideal applicant will be a dedicated and compassionate healthcare professional who will uphold our philosophy of excellent care with a focus on personal care plans to aid in improving the lives of our service users.
Your Local Team
Our Durham branch is based at Aire House in Mandale Business Park, near the River Wear and just off the A1 road.
You will need to have:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent roles
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- NVQ3 or equivalent in Health and Social Care is essential
- Medication Administration Certificate
- Access to a smartphone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas on the HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
Perks you will receive:
- Salary of up to £14.07/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work with access to around 30,000 discounts at high street shops
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Interview via video call - a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
Additionally, you will be able to benefit from:
- Flexible pay - Our new HealthForceGo app feature, Flexi Pay will allow you to receive an advance of up to 50% of money earned during completed shifts. (includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Flexible vacancies - You'll have a permanent contract with guaranteed hours and the option to work full or part time hours
- Free training programmes - Newcross Healthcare deliver between 150 and 200 courses to over 1,000 Nurses and Healthcare Assistants to develop their current skill set, earned through credits as you work.
Click the button to Apply
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.