Senior Care Assistant
You can make a change to someone's life!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Senior Care Assistants to support our service users in North Walsham, Stalham, Aylsham, Cromer, Sheringham and the surrounding areas of Norfolk.
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will assist and support our service users with a variety of important life-enhancing tasks. These will include personal care activities, clinical needs requirements, social activities and any additional services needed or required.
You will also have a deeper understanding and knowledge of the caring role.
Our app feature will allow you to receive an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Develop your skill set!
With Newcross, our staff have the opportunity to develop their careers with a wide range of free training programs covering topics such as Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care and many more.
Further opportunities are available for our staff to study towards various National vocational qualifications in different levels and subjects.
- Salary of up to £14.83/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay
- Flexible full time and part time hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned as you work
- Perks at Work with 30,000 discounts available
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Our Norwich branch is located at 7/13 Orford Place in the city centre, just a short walk from Norwich train station.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.