Senior Care Assistant
Located on the banks of the River Tay, Newcross Healthcare's Perth branch is just a short walk from the city's train station.
Do you want to develop your caring experience?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking compassionate Senior Care Assistants to care for service users living in Blairgowrie, Meigle and the surrounding areas.
- Salary of up to £17.56/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract
- Flexible hours across weekdays, nights and weekends
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
You will provide assistance and support to our service users with various important tasks. These vary but will include personal care, clinical needs and requirements, social activities and any additional services needed.
You will also be expected to have deeper knowledge and understanding of the caring role, thereby enabling you to effectively lead a team of carers.
This feature on the HealthForceGo® app enables you to submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- A NVQ3 or equivalent in Health and Social Care
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Successful candidates will benefit from exclusive training programs earned through credits as you work and tailored to develop your skill set and enhance your career. Topics will include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Epilepsy and many more.
Additional opportunities are available for staff members to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) in various levels and subjects.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.